Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mid-Week Sneak Peek: 03/09/2011

So all I've been working on lately is my quilt for the Monochromatic challenge.  It's all shades of blue and it's taking a LONG time to do.  The nice thing is that as I sew the strips together, I am quilting it simultaneously because the strips are sewn right onto the quilt!  So when I'm done, I don't have to baste and and then quilt it (although I might add some quilting lines anyway).  Here's another photo - I finished the right hand side and I'm working on the left side.  I can't wait for it to be finished so I can see the final effect.

Update:  I forgot to mention that the dark blue fabric with little white flowers in it is from my last trip to Japan.  It was super cheap but I love it.  Something like $4 for 2 meters.  Most of the other fabrics are from a trip to Spool!


Bargello Closeup

3 comments:

  1. This looks SO AWESOME! I can't wait to see it in person. And yes, it looks all blue to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bambina. If you were to come visit me, you could see it in person! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete