Saturday, June 11, 2011

Aria's Baby Quilt

One of my best friends in the whole world, who I've known since my first year of high school in Japan, is having a baby next month!  I'm super excited about it, and of course, I had to make her a quilt for the little one.  Because I know that she and her husband are into nature and hiking and things like that, I thought that the Nature Walk fabric line from Cloud9 was perfect - plus, it is organic, so it is very safe for the baby!  On the back, I really wanted to piece in a couple panels from the blue Lily & Will line because my friend has always had pet rabbits.  Aria's husband also had a pet rabbit when they moved in together, so I wanted the two panels on the back to represent the two of them and how they would always be watching over their little one.  All-in-all, I think it turned out really well.  I was a little worried about my choice of a light green polka dot fabric for the binding, but I think it works. 

I apologize for the low-quality of the photos.  Once I finish a quilt, I am always so anxious to send it out to the recipient, that I never take the time to photograph it nicely.  This is something I'll have to work on ...


Aria Baby Quilt Front
Nature Walk front of quilt.

Aria Baby Quilt Back
Brown flannel backing with Lily & Will panels.

Aria Baby Quilt Front Closeup
Closeup of Nature Walk fabric on front of quilt.

Aria Baby Quilt Back Closeup
Closeup of Lily & Will panel.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how you customized it so much to fit them. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome! And the bunnies on the back are perfect - I love that you did that!!

    ReplyDelete