I chose about 6 or 7 different Kona solids and then created HSTs in all the possible combinations. I then randomly arranged the HST blocks to form this pattern. I like how it doesn't look planned at all (because it isn't!) I was short 1 HST block so I was thinking of maybe adding a cute print to break up the monotony of the triangles. Luckily, at one of our Philly MQG sewing days, Bobbi offered a square of this awesome Ed Emberly elephant print from Cloud9 Fabrics. It was perfect! So I placed that one square of print fabric in the bottom right of the quilt.
I knew almost immediately how I wanted to quilt this. I used just straight lines going in one direction, all spaced 1 inch apart. I really like how it turned out.
For the back, I chose some more Cloud9 fabric (the gray, yellow, and white triangles) and I created large HSTs with solids that minim the front of the quilt. It was great how well the Cloud9 fabric matched my quilt top! I didn't even plan it that way.